Friday, October 13, 2006

Egg Curry

This is a mouthwatering easy eggcurry which I learnt from my MIL. Although she is not amongst us , but my 2 months of stay with her after marriage helped me a lot to learn about her, my husband's family and yes some real good curries.
Everytime I make this curry, miss her a lot. We had a wonderful time together , getting wet in the heavy rains of mumbai in our house terrace , watching tv , gossiping ..... will always cherish it.

Grind together with 1 cup water to a smooth paste

1 big onion
2-3 medium tomatoes
green chillis as per taste
1/2 cup coconut
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 small piece of ginger
2-3 garlic cloves
1 tsp garam masala powder

Take a thick bottom pan , add 2 tsp oil. Once the oil gets hot add mustard seeds . Add the ground paste and salt let it cook.
Add water if its too thick or u can also add 1/2 cup milk. When its almost cooked break the egss next to each other depending upon the width of the pan.
Simmer the gas close the lid of the pan and allow the eggs to cook.

Garnish fresh chopped corrianger leaves and serve hot with rice. The egg flavour blends extremely well with the gravy and its yummy mouthwatering curry.

To whomever I have given this recipe they make egg curries now only like this and enjoy it thoroughly.

Thank you amma for sharing such a lovely recipe with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home